Yesterday was the latest session in the ongoing series of workshops on the college search for Northwood juniors.We focused on Asking Teachers For Recommendations. Here are the handouts and the presentation:
Items currently on junior to-do lists include…
- Meet with your college counselor
- Work on your resume
- Work on your college essay
- Clean up your social media. Make your Twitter and Instagram private and update your Facebook settings.
- Visit colleges over the summer.
- Have a summer test prep plan.
- Get a summer job.
- Keep your “Colleges I’m Thinking About” list up-to-date.
- Ask teachers for recommendations.
Did you miss the meeting? See your college counselor for the recommendation packet and instructions.
Before the end of next week ask for at least three recommendations and return your green slip, which lists everyone you asked, to Ms. Ransom or your college counselor. On your green slip, you must only list teachers you asked. If you didn’t ask the teachers, they won’t write the recommendation, even if you list them on the green sheet.
Remember, we want you to ask for at least three recommendations.