The College Guidance office at Northwood School held our third webinar of the year tonight, Demystifying the College Testing Process. Thank you to everyone who attended and asked great questions, and thank you to Laura Coash of Revolution Prep, who was our guest expert.
Here are some related resources and information on the topics we discussed tonight:
- The slides from Laura Coash’s (914-243-1536 and firstname.lastname@example.org) presentation are here.
- Here’s a link to the recording of the webinar: https://youtu.be/2gQzpfd7HMI.
- There are many Standardized Testing resources on my web site.
- The organization Fair Test compiles a list of test-optional colleges and universities. Please note that many schools on the list actually require testing for some of their programs.
- The New Times wrote about colleges going test-optional last year.
- Here are links to a testing calendar and college timeline.
A week from today is “Testing Day” at Northwood School: 9th graders take the PSAT 8/9, 10th and 11th graders take the PSAT, and 12th graders have four options:
- Take a full-length practice ACT
- Take a full-length practice SAT
- Take two full-length practice SAT Subject Tests
- Take a full-length practice TOEFL
Seniors need to make their testing choice soon.
The next practice tests are scheduled for the following dates:
- Sunday, November 6: SAT
- Sunday, December 4: ACT
- Sunday, March 5: SAT
- Sunday, March 19: ACT
All practice tests are at noon in the Lecture Hall. Please note: students may also take an online proctored exam if their schedule prevents them from take the test at the scheduled time.
Students can register for these practice tests by contacting Laura Coash (914-243-1536 and email@example.com). I will send plenty of reminder emails to you and your child before the practice tests.
Director of College Guidance