If you are registered for the ACT on Saturday, October 24 here at Northwood School, here are some important things to know:
- Breakfast will begin at 6:45am
- Report to the main lobby of the school at 7:40 for check-in.
- Bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted to test if you do not have a printed copy of your ticket. You can print a copy at http://www.actstudent.org/.
- Bring acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements. If you don’t have a passport or driver’s license, see me right away. See Mrs. Baker right away if you need your passport.
- Testing staff will check your photo ID and ticket, admit you to your test room, direct you to a seat, and provide test materials.
- Bring sharpened soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers (no mechanical pencils or ink pens). Do not bring any other writing instruments; you will not be allowed to use them.
- Are you unable to test on Saturday? Learn how you can change the test date here: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/changereg.html
- Be ready to begin testing after all examinees present at 8:00 a.m. are checked in and seated.
- Do not engage in any prohibited behavior at the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored. Note: For National and International Testing, you will be asked to sign a statement on the front cover of your test booklet agreeing to this policy.
- A permitted calculator may be used on the mathematics test only. It is your responsibility to know whether your calculator is permitted. Please refer to the ACT Calculator Policy: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/calculator.html
- A short break is scheduled after the first two tests. You will not be allowed to use cell phones or any electronic devices during the break, and you may not eat or drink anything in the test room. (If you take the ACT with writing, you will have time before the writing test to relax and sharpen your pencils.)
- Students taking the ACT with standard time are normally dismissed about 12:15 p.m.; students taking the ACT with writing are normally dismissed about 1:15 p.m.
- If you do not complete all your tests for any reason, tell a member of the testing staff whether or not you want your answer document scored before you leave the test center. If you do not, all tests attempted will be scored.
Tips on taking the ACT: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/tips/
ACT Test Day Tips: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/tips/test-day.html