Thanks to everyone who attended Northwood School’s Parent’s Weekend. It was a great success, and I enjoyed meeting so many parents. I especially enjoyed speaking with many of you about the college admission process. If you missed my presentation on Saturday or want a recap you are in luck: that’s what this post is about.
- First I’d like to thank Jeremy Freeman, Director of Admissions at St. Lawrence University and Caroline Mullaney, the Assistant Director of International Admissions at University of Vermont, for sharing their expertise with Northwood’s students and parents.
- Here is a copy of the slides I used in my presentation.
- Here is the outstanding advice for parents on the college admission process (from Middlebury College).
- Here is the October Checklist for seniors.
- Here are the instructions for submitting ACT/SAT scores to colleges/universities.
- Here is advice on financial aid.
- Here is the FAQ for International Students.
- We require all students to fill out a Northwood Transcript Request Form for every college/university to which they apply. Each one is due two weeks before the application deadline.
- For more information and frequent update, check out my blog (website), my Twitter feed and College Counseling at Northwood on Facebook.
- Finally, I reminded everyone how important it is for students to show all applications to their counselors before submitting them.
Thanks again to everyone who visited during Parents Weekend. For those of you who couldn’t make it: I hope to see you soon, and please keep in touch.
Director of College Counseling