Midyear Reports Mailed
Midyear reports have been mailed to every school Northwood students have applied to. It may take another week for internet-based application systems to show application files to be complete. In the meantime, it is perfectly fine to call admissions offices to confirm that the application is complete.
Evaluating financial aid offers
You’ve been accepted by a bunch of good colleges, and the financial aid offers from the schools are flowing in. How do you compare them? Read about it here.
How to accept and decline an offer of admission
Accepting or declining an offer of admission is simple. Once you decide where you’ll attend, confirm with the college, send your deposit and do everything else they require. Next, politely decline offers of admission to all other schools that accepted you. You really do need to do this. Read more.
Common App Schools Still Accepting Applications
Maybe you got a late start in the application process, but now you’re ready to apply. Maybe you are getting denied admission to your top choices and want to submit another application or two as an insurance policy. Whatever your reason, here’s a list of 221 Common Application institutions with application deadlines (for fall admission) of March 1 or later. Read more.
Remember to tell us about all admissions decisions
Please tell your college counselor, Mrs. Moore or Mr. Spear about all of the college admissions decisions you receive. It’s important to keep us informed every time you hear from a college, even if it’s bad news.
How to defer an acceptance: http://wp.me/p1ud6c-I
How to Avoid Scholarship Scams: http://wp.me/p1ud6c-dT
Is a ‘gap year’ before college a good idea? http://wp.me/p1ud6c-1n
10 Questions to Ask your Financial Aid Office: http://wp.me/p1ud6c-dY
Do you follow me (@JohnSpear) on Twitter? If you don’t, here’s a sampling of what you’ve missed in the last few days.
- Late start? 221 @CommonApp schools have deadlines on 3/1 or later. See the list here.
- Parents: thebrightguide.com is worth checking out. It’s a community of parents helping their children with the college search.
- Doing any #college visits over Presidents Day Wknd? Tour groups may be large, stay near the front of the group to hear what your guide says!
- Way to go Rachael P. @SUNY_Cortland said yes.
- Congratulations Rachael P. Admitted to @UofNH. Go Wildcats!
- Congratulations Terence! @Wesleyan_U bound. Go Cardinals!
- Congratulations @SNHU: @FastCompany named you one of the world’s 50 most innovative companies: fastcompany.com/most-innovativ….